WeMENA Innovation Challenge- $150,000 in Cash Grant
Deadline: January 17, 2017
Applications for the WeMENA Innovation Challenge is now open. WeMENA empowers and equips women entrepreneurs to solve the future’s most difficult problems. Through a business model challenge, WeMENA accelerates innovative solutions that will help eight cities across the Middle East and North Africa build resilience and better adapt to chronic stresses and shocks
WeMENA is building resilience across the region by connecting women entrepreneurs and innovators, and empowering them with Silicon Valley mentors, resources, learning, connections, and $150,000 in cash grants. Could it be you?
WeMENA is looking for entrepreneurs whose ideas build resilience in one or more of the following cities: Beirut, Byblos, Ramallah, Amman, Cairo, Alexandria, Tunis, Casablanca.
WeMENA is looking for women entrepreneurs who are innovating in the following categories:
- Agriculture & Food Security.
- Sustainable Energy & Environment.
- Water & Sanitation.
- Urban Development ( Transportation, Infrastructure & Housing).
- Governance & Civic Engagement.
- Health care and Disease Prevention.
- Technology, Fintech & Smart Cities.
- Economics & Society.
- Disaster Risk Reduction.
Contestants in this challenge will receive business training, guidance from mentors in the Silicon Valley and beyond, and the chance to compete for a share of $150,000 in cash awards.
- Network with mentors from Silicon Valley and around the world.
- In-Person Workshops & Webinars.
- Training in business skills, design-thinking, resilience-thinking, networking and pitching.
- Final Winners receive grants from a pool of $150,000 prize money.
How to Apply
Apply here. Application could be submitted in English or French
For more information, visit WeMENA