AgLaunch Accelerator 2017 – $50,000 in investment for AgTech Startups
Deadline: March 1, 2017
Applications are now accepted for the 2017 AgLaunch Accelerator. The AgLaunch Accelerator is a 15 week program focused on agriculture that includes world-class curriculum & mentorship. Based in Memphis, the program is anchored in access to production agriculture across multiple crops & production environments through our relationships with farmers & companies across the region.
The AgLaunch Accelerator, led by Memphis Bioworks Foundation’s Ag Innovation Development Group and the Tennessee Department of Agriculture, provides best-in-class entrepreneurial training as well as access to a world-class network of mentors and technical experts. Programming is supported through the expertise of Start Co. and EPIcenter. Key AgLaunch partners include Ritter Agribusiness, Farm Credit Mid-America, Agricenter International, Launch Tennessee, Baker Donelson, Archer Malmo, and others.
Each accepted team will receive $50,000 in investment, as well as opportunities for further follow-on investment.
Participants will have access to:
- A $50K investment
- A network of venture capital investors focused on agriculture
- World-class mentor network from leading agricultural firms
- Incubator support assets including: prototype machine shop, lab facility, research farm for small plot trials, wet labs, biomass & food processing equipment, & university support
- Farm partners willing to provide feedback and customer development opportunities & local agribusiness firms providing ability to test solutions in the logistics, handling & storage component of the business
- Great support network of service providers including legal, accounting, marketing, & strategy
They are looking for agtech startups that focus in the following areas:
- Robotics & automation addressing labor and efficiency improvement
- Supply-chain improvements, packaging & delivery
- Biologic-based pest, weed & fungus controls focused on row crops
- Precision agriculture software & hardware especially integration approaches
- New equipment & equipment components addressing issues such as soil compaction, conservation production practices, & spray drift
- Environmentally sustainable technologies
- Food safety diagnostics and treatment, as well as food integrity solutions
- Specialty crops
To apply, complete the online application.
For more information, visit AgLaunch Accelerator.