Deadline: January 13, 2017
Application is ongoing for the Rockefeller Foundation Digital Job Africa Program 2017. The program is targeted at providing 1000 high potential but disadvantaged young people with IT and soft skills training relevant for digital jobs and connecting them to relevant job opportunities. The Rockefeller Foundation project- Digital Jobs Africa has an overall objective of helping disadvantaged and (minimally skilled) unskilled young men and women, move from unemployment into employment through relevant skills development training.
The training will include literacy and numeracy skills, English language, communication, customer relations, intercultural working, time management, self-management and other relevant soft skills. Participants will be provided an opportunity for guided on-the-job training, facilitated peer-to-peer learning and some professional mentoring as well as a state of the art space for young people to congregate to innovate, share ideas, network with other innovators around the world.
Training offers unique opportunity to participants to acquire the following:
- ICT skills for digital jobs
- Practical skills for the modern workplace
- Links to careers in IT
- Introduction to Digital Entrepreneurship
- Must be citizens of Ghana;
- Must be between 18- 30 years;
- Must be only Senior,Technical or Vocational High School graduates;
- Must be currently unemployed;
- Ability to communicate and be instructed in English;
- Available to commit to a full month of training.
NB: Please note that applicants with university degree or its equivalent are not eligible.
For further enquiries contact the British Council by e-mail: [email protected]
For more informatiion, visit Rockefeller Foundation Digital Job Africa Program 2017.