Deadline: February 3, 2017
Applications are now open for Europe on Track 2017. EGEE, one of the biggest student organizations in Europe, is looking for 6 young, enthusiastic and proactive people who will hit the road to go on a one-month adventure across Europe to put Civic Education on the political agenda. This will be done through discussions and workshops in order to address young people’s realities, aspirations and visions for the future of Europe.
This trip will be in partnership with Interrail and the lucky guys will get a free month-long 1st class Interrail pass (worth approx. 800€) whilst following a predetermined route (but you´d need some pocket money!). The trip (with training) will take place from the 17th of April 2017 (at a big conference in Budapest) until the 23rd of May (in Enschede at Spring Agora Enschede (one of the largest youth gatherings in Europe))
If talking to people, travelling, learning, adventures, civic education and being creative appeal to you or you know anyone then apply!
Europe on Track is a youth-led project in which 6 ambassadors in 2 teams cross Europe with InterRail passes for one month to inform and interview young people about their visions of a future Europe in relation to this year’s topic: Civic Education. At each stop, the ambassadors organize and participate in local events, generating content and creating spaces for dialogue and discussion. The journey can be followed on social media via blogs, videos and photos. At the end of the trip, a documentary and quantitative and qualitative data analysis will be created as a recap.
- You will travel to circa 10 cities in one month with Interrail passes provided by AEGEE and EoT
- You will facilitate and moderate workshops and discussions at the different stops (including conferences) on Civic Education
- You will assist the project team with the planning of logistics and content creation for the workshops and discussions
- You will be a spokesperson for EoT in the media
- You will collect signatures during the trip for the European Citizens’ Initiative
Specific roles we are seeking
- are between 18-30 years old, as of April 17, 2017
- are active in a (international) student organization or non-profit organization with a civic education-related mission
- feel strong ties to Europe – like to talk and work with people of different ages and cultures – have consistent travel experience and an international mindset
- are responsible and reliable
- have a can-do and up-for-anything attitude
- are resistant to stress and physical fatigue
- like to take initiative, and
- have an open mind!
- Application Form (deadline January 25)
- Personal Data
- Creative Experience
- Travel Experience
- Event Planner & Facilitator Experience
- EoT4 Motivation + Civic Education Experience
- Show them more (mid-February)
- Small assignment related to your creative role
- Skype Interview with the Selection Committee
- Ambassadors announced (end of February)
Before you apply, note that the training and trip is planned from April 17 (Budapest, Hungary) until May 23 (Enschede, Netherlands). The commitment to the role of the ambassador also continues after the trip.
For more information and to apply, visit Europe on Track.