Deadline: February 7, 2017
The World Photography Organisation and ZEISS are pleased to launch the second edition of the ZEISS Photography Award ‘Seeing Beyond’, with the theme “Meaningful places”. The competition was established by ZEISS to challenge photographers worldwide. Photographers are to submit a series of 5-10 images responding to this year’s brief:
The 2017 Brief
Following on from last year’s hugely successful inaugural edition, which attracted entries from 116 countries – from Albania to Zimbabwe, the theme for the 2017 ZEISS Photography Award ‘Seeing Beyond’ is “Meaningful places”. Photographers are asked to look past the ordinary and the “everyday” to capture extraordinary aspects of the world we live in, by documenting the importance of one or several places that bear significance to each other.
- One winning photographer will be awarded with €12,000 worth of ZEISS lenses, €3,000 travel expenses to complete a dream photography project in the location of their choice plus a trip to London to attend the 2017 Sony World Photography Awards ceremony to recieve their prize.
- Open to all Photographers entering a body of work between 5 to 10 images;
- All entrants must be over 18.
Image Entry Criteria
- Un-published work entered into the competition must have been taken between the dates of January 1, 2013 and February 7, 2017. Once unpublished work has been entered, it cannot be entered again as published work in the future year of the awards competition;
- Published work may have been taken at any point in history, but must have been commissioned or acquired or first published between the dates of January 1, 2016 and February 7, 2017. Eligible publications include magazines, newspapers, on-line and print editorial, self-publishing websites, including personal sites as well as commissioned gallery exhibitions. Images included in past photographic competitions, advertisements, marketing material, blogs, social media and all other visible platforms prior to January 1st 2015 will be considered published and not permissible within this competition;
- Images should be no smaller than 800KB and no larger than 5MB. Images should be either JPEG or TIFF files;
- All images must be saved in the RGB colour model and EXIF data must be left in the image file;
- All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in exhibitions should the image be required;
- You may enter a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 images.
To enter, you must upload your image via the following website: users.worldphoto.org (the “Website”), following the on-screen instructions carefully.
For more information, visit ZEISS Photography Award.