Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship 2017 For Undergraduate Students in The USA
Deadline: February 1, 2017
Shell Oil Company is offering its annual scholarships through the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship program to underrepresented students pursuing an undergraduate degree in a specific technical field of study at certain colleges. The scholarship can be used to pay for tuition and/or school expenses.
If the necessary criteria are met, a student’s scholarship may be renewed up to four years or until Bachelor degree requirements are met, whichever occurs first. Scholarship recipients are notified during the summer following their application. Renewal of the scholarship is contingent upon the student remaining qualified. Please refer to the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship Renewal Section.
- Be lawfully authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States without any form of sponsorship.
- Be enrolled full-time as a sophomore, junior, senior or fifth year as of the Fall 2017 semester. If you are not a full-time student (i.e. not taking a full course load or will be taking on a co-op opportunity), you will not be eligible for a scholarship that semester.
- You must be enrolled in one of the specified institutions (See list).
- Have a minimum 3.20 cumulative GPA (will not be rounded) on 4.0 scale, which must be maintained throughout your participation in the program.
- Major in one of the following disciplines: geology, geophysics or physics, chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, petroleum, geological, or geophysical engineering.
- Be a member of at least one of the following under-represented minorities: Black (Not of Hispanic Origin), Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaskan Native.
- Pass all components of the Shell application & assessment process including completion of either a face-to-face or telephone interview. (only applies to sophomore, junior, senior or fifth-year applicants based on standing in Fall 2016)
All phases of the application process MUST be completed and received by February 1, 2017, to be considered for the scholarship award.
$5,000 in awards towards tuition and/or books
How to Apply
Step 1: The Shell Internship/SRD Application (only applies to sophomore, junior, senior or fifth year applicants based on classification for 2016-2017 academic year)
- Candidates need to successfully complete all steps of the Shell Online Application including the online assessments by February 1, 2017. Select students who successfully complete all components of the Shell online assessment process will be screened and invited to interview in person or via telephone. Applicants must successfully complete either a face-to-face or telephone interview to be considered eligible for the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship.
- Candidates who have already completed the on-line e-assessments and/or Shell CAR interview are NOT required to do so again and can move directly to step 2.
- Current freshmen (in the 2016-2017 academic year) are not required to fill out the Shell Online Application and should skip directly to step 2.
Step 2: The Shell Incentive Fund Questionnaire
- All Candidates must complete the Shell Incentive Fund Questionnaire. [https://wdies.com/scholarship/questionnaires/sif/]
- The questionnaire may be started at any time and you may save your progress prior to submission. Please wait to submit the questionnaire until you have attached all required materials including your resume, Fall 2016 grade report and unofficial transcript. As a reminder, the deadline to submit all materials is February 1, 2017.
Step 3: Upload resume and transcripts
- Students of sophomore, junior, senior or fifth-year standing must upload their resume, Fall 2016 grade report and all unofficial transcripts(s) to their online application and to their Shell Incentive Fund Questionnaire.
- All candidates must upload their resume and all unofficial transcript(s) to their Shell Incentive Fund Questionnaire.
For more information, visit Shell Scholarships.