JA South Africa Youth Enterprise Development Programme 2017
Deadline: January 31, 2017
Do you have a great business idea and dream of becoming an entrepreneur, but don’t know where to start? Mastercard invites out of school, unemployed or self-employed young women between the ages of 18 and 35 to participate in the Junior Achievement South Africa (JA South Africa) Youth Enterprise Development Programme.
Kicking-off at various community centres around Gauteng, Western Cape and Limpopo on February 6, 2017, 260 applicants will be selected to take part in a 20-week programme that aims to empower women to pursue entrepreneurial ventures of their own. By participating in three-hour theoretical and practical sessions two afternoons a week, the budding entrepreneurs will focus on business theory, market research, financial and business management, sales and marketing, as well as the basic steps of computer literacy.
- You must be a South African between the ages of 18 and 35 to participate in the programme;
- You must have at least a Grade 10 education and upwards;
- You must be able to read and write in English.
Application forms must be submitted no later than January 31, 2017 and are available in the following areas:
- Gauteng: Siyafunda Community Technology Centre (East Rand), Tshepo Themba Development Centre (West Rand), Diepsloot Skills Centre (Diepsloot) and Olievenhoutbosch Development Centre (Pretoria).
- Western Cape: The Communiversity in Vrygrond.
- Limpopo: Vexospark Community Technology Centre in Polokwane.
For more information, visit JA South Africa Youth Enterprise Development Programme.