SWITCH Africa Green – SEED Awards 2017 for Entrepreneurs
Deadline: March 8, 2017
The SEED Awards for Entrepreneurship in Sustainable Development is an annual awards scheme designed to find the most promising, innovative and locally led start-up eco-inclusive enterprises in countries with developing and emerging economies. The independent SEED International Jury of experts selects enterprises which have the potential to make real improvements in poverty eradication and environmental sustainability while contributing to a greener economy.
SEED offers each SAG-SEED Award Winner a customised support package consisting of tools, capacity building, profiling and network building, all tailored to their individual needs.
- Capacity Building: Tailored one-on-one advisory service that offers Winners assistance with their business and financial plan, including a 3-day Business Planning Workshop and three month support from a local expert advisor;
- Tools: Self-help tools that enable enterprises prioritise and address their most urgent needs, for example by assisting with market analysis, developing a funding strategy, mapping stakeholder relationships or measuring impact;
- Profiling: SAG-SEED Winners are profiled nationally and regionally through a high-level Awards Ceremony as well as internationally through SEED marketing and promotional activities such as our website, blog and social media channels;
- Network Building: SEED facilitates connections with valuable contacts to support organisations, such as with funders, policy-makers, other enterprises such as SEED Alumni, and SEED Partners and Associates.
- Open to enterprises within the six focus countries listed below and are active in the following four sectors:
- Countries: Burkina Faso, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Uganda, South Africa
- Sector: Agriculture, Manufacturing, Tourism, Waste Management
The deadline for applications is March 8, 2017, 23:59 Central African Time (CAT). All the Winners will be profiled at the National Dialogue Fora throughout Africa.
- Submission of application form – March 8, 2017
- Selection of shortlisted applicants – End of March
- Submission of additional information – April 2017
- Winner Selection – Early June
For more information, visit SAG-SEED Awards.