Deadline: February 28, 2017
The Onassis Foundation invites applications for the 23rd Onassis Fellowship Program for International Scholars. This is an annual program of grants and scholarships for research, study and artistic endeavour within Greece. The educational program is intended exclusively for non-Greeks.
The Foundation has announced the twenty-third (23rd) annual Program of scholarships starting on October 1, 2017 is addressed to non-Greeks, University Professors of all levels (Ph.D. holders), Postdoctoral Researchers and Ph.D. Candidates. The Program aims at promoting Greek language, history and culture abroad, thereby creating and encouraging ties of friendship and cooperation between members of the foreign academic community and their Greek counterparts.
The educational program is intended exclusively for non-Greeks: members of national academies, university professors of all levels, PhD holders, post-doctorate researchers and doctoral candidates. Exceptionally and on a case-by-case basis, the program may accept Greeks of the Diaspora, second generation Greeks, and Greeks who permanently reside abroad and have been studying or have been employed in foreign Universities for over 10 or 15 years, depending on the type of scholarship.
Fields and Section of Research
The Programme covers the following fields and research sections:
- Educational Studies
- Political Sciences
- International and European Studies
- Social Policy
- Maritime Studies
- Public Finance
- Art History
- Visual Arts
- Film Studies
- New Media
- Cultural administration
The Program covers scholarly research and the organization of lessons/seminars or lectures provided by the fellowship recipients, as invitees of a public Greek University, in Greece only and in the fields stated above.
Eligible to participate are the following candidates:
- Persons of non-Greek descent. This also applies to Scholars of Greek descent or citizenship provided they have a professional academic career of at least ten (10) years in a University or Research Institute abroad
- Cypriot citizens are also eligible to apply for category A grants only, provided they permanently reside and work outside Greece
- Persons of Greek descent (second generation and on) are also eligible to apply for a grant or scholarship, provided they permanently reside and work abroad or currently study in foreign Universities. This also applies to Ph.D. candidates of Greek descent or citizenship, who pursue post-graduate studies outside of Greece, have obtained a degree outside of Greece and permanently reside outside of Greece for more than fifteen (15) years
- Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation can re-apply for a grant or scholarship only if five (5) years have elapsed since their previous grant or scholarship.
- Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation who have twice received a grant or scholarship cannot apply again to the Onassis Fellowships Programme for International Scholars.
Application and Category Requirements
- Read the guidelines carefully.
- Application Form (PhD Candidate-Category C)
- Application Form (Professor of all levels-Category D)
- Application Form (Post-doctoral Researcher-Category E)
For more information, visit Onassis Fellowship.