Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics & Business Journalism 2017/18 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: February 15, 2017
Columbia Journalism School invites application for the Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism.
The Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism offers qualified journalists the opportunity to enhance their understanding and knowledge of business, economics and finance in a yearlong, full-time program administered by the Journalism School. Fellows take courses at Columbia’s graduate schools of journalism, business, law and international affairs; participate in off-the-record seminars and dinner meetings with corporate executives, economists and academics; and attend briefings and field trips to New York-based media companies and financial institutions.
Knight-Bagehot fellows will be allowed to choose from two academic tracks:
- the Certificate in Economics and Business Journalism, or
- the Master of Arts in Journalism.
- The fellowship is open to full-time editorial employees of newspapers, magazines, wire services, digital media and broadcast news organizations as well as to freelance journalists.
- Applicants must have at least four years of experience.
- There are no academic prerequisites.
- The affiliation of applicants is not a factor in the selection process. Journalists from nationally known organizations are not given preference over those from smaller regional media.
Columbia School of Journalism will award 10 fellowships that include full tuition plus a $60,000 living stipend.
How to Apply
Interest applicants must apply online here.
The chief criterion for selection is demonstrated journalistic excellence. While essays and letters of recommendation are important parts of the application, the greatest weight is given to work samples. All materials, including letters of reference, college transcripts, essays and work samples should be compiled and submitted with the application form.(link is external)
For more information, visit Knight-Bagehot Fellowship at Columbia