Media@McGill Postdoctoral Fellowship 2017-2018 in Montreal, Canada
Deadline: February 3, 2017
Applications are ongoing for the Media@McGill Postdoctoral Fellowship 2017-2018. Media@McGill is a hub of interdisciplinary research, scholarship and public outreach on issues in media, technology and culture, located in the Department of Art History and Communication Studies at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. Media@McGill’s residential postdoctoral fellowships are awarded to scholars from the humanities and social sciences, working on any historical period. The 2017-2018 fellowship is dedicated to the theme of “Migrant Media.”
- Fellows will receive a stipend of $45,000 CAD for 12 months (this includes a travel research stipend) beginning in September 2017.
- Open to both national and international scholars who have completed their doctoral degree in a university other than McGill no earlier than June 1, 2013;
- Candidates must have defended their dissertation and received their PhD by May 1, 2017;
- Fluency in English is essential; working knowledge of French is an asset.
- In a cover letter, applicants must stipulate how their research is related to Media@McGill’s mission statement and Media@McGill’s 2017-18 theme: Migrant Media;
- Applicants should also identify a potential faculty supervisor from the McGill Department of Art History and Communication Studies, who is a member of Media@McGill and whose research is closely tied to that of the applicant. Please do not contact the potential supervisor at this stage;
- The following should be included in all statements of interest and be sent in a single pdf (the application will not be accepted otherwise). The documents’ order follows the list below:
- a cover letter;
- a research proposal (750 words);
- a Curriculum Vitae (maximum 5 pages)
Deadline: Completed statements of interest should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 3, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. E.S.T.
- Statements of interest will be reviewed by the Media@McGill potential supervisor, and candidates will be notified of results shortly after. If successful, the short-listed applicants will be asked to provide the following additional documents:
- Official copies of transcripts during graduate studies;
- Three letters of recommendation (one of which is by the potential Media@McGill faculty supervisor);
- A writing sample (maximum 20 pages).
Deadline: Completed statements of interest should be sent to email@example.com by March 24, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. E.D.T. Applications will be reviewed by Media@McGill’s Steering Committee, and candidates will be notified of results in early May 2017.
For more information, visit Media@McGill Postdoctoral Fellowship.