Call for Applications: Civil Society Leadership Institute 2017 in Accra, Ghana (fully-funded)
Deadline: February 28, 2017
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) with support from the Ford Foundation is inviting applications from qualified candidates to the 2017 Civil Society Leadership Institute (CSLI) for West Africans. This programme is designed in response to the need to consciously and consistently groom the next generation of civil society leaders in the region.
The Institute seeks to empower middle-level practitioners within civil society in West Africa with competencies to occupy leadership positions within the sector. The CSLI programme has two components—training and mentoring, both of which are designed to facilitate transformational leadership through an approach that focuses on: 1) Individual Development; 2)Institutional Strengthening, and 3) Societal Transformation
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at the middle management level (Project Officer, Project Coordinator, Programme Officer, Programme Manager, Programme Coordinator etc. – a level lower than the executive director position) working within the civil society/non-profit sector;
- Must be a national from and working in the 15 ECOWAS countries;
- Must have a minimum of two years of work experience in their current organisation;
- Must have demonstrated leadership or critical problem-solving skills in their current or previous job;
- Must be willing to return to their current organisations and stay for at least one year;
- Must be available to attend a two-week full residential course in Accra — Ghana from May 08 – 19, 2017;
- Must be willing to undertake a four-month mentoring programme from July – October, 2017;
- Must have an excellent understanding of the English language.
How to Apply:
- Fill the application form here.
- In addition, applicants must submit the following by Tuesday 28 February 2017 to [email protected]
- Detailed curriculum vitae;
- A letter of motivation stating why you should be considered for this programme and how it will add value to your current role and prepare you for the next level. Applicants should indicate how the skills gained would enhance their leadership skills. This must be written in not more than 500 words;
- A letter of endorsement from the head of your current organisation stating how your participation in this programme would benefit the organisation. This letter should be sent directly by the head of the organisation to the email address provided.
Residential Course Dates: May 8 – 19, 2017.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 28 February 2017. *Applications sent after this deadline will not be considered*. Only selected applicants would be contacted.
Our Partners: This programme is organised with support from Ford Foundation.
N.B: The language of instruction is English, only applicants who have proficiency in the English language will be selected.
For more information, visit Civil Society Leadership Institute.