Deadline: March 31, 2017
Submit your most powerful photos that illustrate innovative, effective, and inspiring efforts in humanitarian assistance and international relief and development; and stand a chance to be the winner of the InterAction’s 15th Annual Photo Contest. To honor this milestone, this year the organizers will honor winners in three categories in addition to the grand prize winner. The categories are: Global Development, Humanitarian Assistance, and Mobile Phone.
- The Global Development category will highlight photos that show the innovation that is taking place around the world to make communities more self-reliant, sustainable, and equal for all;
- The Humanitarian Assistance category will highlight the resilience of communities in the face challenging and harrowing situations, such as a natural disaster or a prolonged conflict. Images of the humanitarian workers who assist these communities will also be accepted. Note: Please be respectful of the individuals in these photos. Graphic or demeaning photos will not be accepted;
- The Mobile Phone category will highlight photos (both humanitarian and development –focused) that were taken on a mobile device. Participants are encouraged to get creative with this category and show how art and technology can together make an impact.
- One Grand Prize Winner will receive $1,000 USD and the Effective Assistance Photography Certificate. The winning photo will also be showcased at InterAction’s Forum, June 20-22;
- The three category winners will receive $100 USD and have their photographs displayed on an online gallery at www.interaction.org;
- Two runners up per category (six total) will have their photographs displayed on an online gallery at www.interaction.org;
- Entry is open to all, with the exception of current InterAction staff;
- Entries are limited to three (3) photos per person (please note – the limit is not three per category, but three total);
- Entries should be 300 dpi or larger at a size no smaller than roughly 3” x 5” (file sizes less than 8MB please);
- All images should focus on people – individuals or groups – and take place outside of the United States.
- All entrants must hold exclusive rights to the photographs they submit and by entering are claiming such ownership. If it is determined an entrant has fraudulently claimed ownership of their submission, the entry will immediately become void and ineligible.
- A panel including photojournalists and subject area experts will choose the winning photographs. After judging, InterAction will notify the Grand Prize winner of their selection. If the winner does not respond within seven (7) days of notification, InterAction may at its discretion select another image as the new Grand Prize Winner. InterAction will also notify all other winners within this timeframe.
For submission and more information, visit InterAction’s 15th Annual Photo Contest.