Deadline: March 1, 2017 (early application) and May 1, 2017 (final)
The Clinton Global Initiative University 2017 is now accepting student applications. The Clinton Global Initiative convenes global leaders to create and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. President Clinton launched the Clinton Global Initiative University (CGI U) in 2007 to engage the next generation of leaders on college campuses around the world. The 10th annual CGI U meeting will take place October 13-15, 2017 at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts.
Each year, CGI U hosts a meeting where students, university representatives, topic experts, and celebrities come together to discuss and develop innovative solutions to pressing global challenges. Students create their own Commitments to Action that address issues on campus, in local communities, or around the world. Since 2008, students have made more than 6,250 commitments, and nearly $3 million in funding has been awarded to these commitment-makers through CGI U.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and currently enrolled in an institution of higher education at the time of application. (Ex: A student graduating after the May 1, 2017 final deadline would be eligible to apply.)
- Students who will be at least 18 years of age and enrolled in an institution of higher education by October 2017 are also eligible to apply. (Ex: A high school senior who turns 18 years of age in June 2017 and commences university studies by October 2017 or a university graduate enrolling in an advanced degree program by October 2017 would also be eligible to apply.)
- All applicants are required to design a Commitment to Action in one of CGI U’s five focus areas: Education, Environment and Climate Change, Peace and Human Rights, Poverty Alleviation, and Public Health. All invited attendees will be notified by the end of May or early June.
To learn more about the CGI U application process, students can review the CGI U commitments map, application tips, and application checklist. Click here for more information about funding opportunities for student commitment-makers.
- Early Decision and Travel Assistance application deadline: March 1, 2017
- Final application deadline: May 1, 2017
For more information, visit Clinton Global Initiative.