Deadline: March 10, 2017
The Akademie Schloss Solitude and the ZKM Center for Art and Media Karlsruhe is pleased to announce three calls for Web Residencies with different topics designed by invited curators. Web Residencies are carried out exclusively online, the works will be presented and documented on www.schloss-post.com and web-residencies.zkm.de.
This call wants to focus on the act of producing evidence via artistic practices. What is the role of art in the framework of whistleblowing and leaking? If we expand the concept of art to whistleblowing, leaking and the act of producing awareness of power mechanisms, which kind of tactics and strategies for resistance can we imagine within the technological paradigm and beyond it? How would it be possible to expand forms of agency that are not just technologically determined, but consider technology as a material or political reinvention?
- For each call three to four people or teams will be selected by the curator for a four-week Web Residency, which is rewarded with 500 USD to support the realization of a project during a four-week long web residency. In addition to this, a shortlist of the best contributions will be published online.
- Open to young talents from the international digital scene as well as artists of all disciplines who deal with web-based practices. Former Solitude fellows may also apply;
- No age limit;
- All formats accepted: e.g. websites, installations and software, applications, etc., presentation slides, videos, writing, social media projects (on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.). If specific software/environments are needed, please contact organizers in advance.
- Application forms will be available here by February 27, 2017
Submit your project concept in the form of:
- a headline
- a concept text in English (1000-1500 characters incl. spaces)
- a header image (high resolution, landscape format, i.e. 1500x1125px)
- a short bio in English (500 characters incl. spaces)
- a portfolio PDF (images, text, links)
- Application period: February 27 – March 10, 2017
- Jury selection: March 10 – March 14, 2017
- Web Residencies: March 20 – April 17, 2017 (4 weeks)
For more information, visit Akademie Schloss Solitude Web Residencies Program.