Deadline: April 9, 2017
The French Embassy and the FACE Foundation are launching the Thomas Jefferson Fund to support new collaborations and the most innovative projects between promising young researchers in France and the United States. The Thomas Jefferson Fund aims to foster forward-looking collaborative research in the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences, of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and of Science for Society that addresses the most pressing global challenges.
Grants will be awarded per funding cycle in each of the following fields:
- Humanities and Social Sciences (SSH);
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM);
- Sciences for Society (interdisciplinary STEM-SSH projects)
- Each grant will amount to $20,000 over two years to be split equally between the French and the American teams. Co-financing from the researchers’ universities is encouraged to ensure the sustainability of these research partnerships.
- Open to young researchers in France and the United States
Download the application form
The complete application must include the following documents:
- The application form to be filled-out in PDF format;
- The filled-out budget template in Excel format;
- Two letters of intent, signed by the President, Chancellor, Provost, Head of Department, Head ofLaboratory, Head of the International Relations Office, Head of the Contracts & Grants Office, or anycomparable representative: one for each institution. This letter can be either in French or in English;a translation is not necessary. This letter must be in PDF format (NOT to exceed 200 K);
- Two curriculum vitae of each of the project leaders, stating their current affiliations (not to exceed TWOpages each). The biographical resumes must be in English. The CVs must be in Word or PDF formats(NOT to exceed 1MB, no pictures).
Please send the coplete application to [email protected]
- Selection of 2017 grantees: June 2017
- Official announcement of the 2017 grantees: June 2017
- Launch of the selected projects: July 2017
For more information, visit Thomas Jefferson Fund.