ICRC Traineeship 2017 at the Legal Division in Geneva, Switzerland
Deadline: April 15, 2017
The ICRC’s Legal Division is offering six paid traineeships for a period of one year at its headquarters in Geneva. The traineeships start in autumn 2017. Trainees at the Legal Division undertake a variety of assignments, including carrying out research and writing project briefs on specific legal questions primarily related to IHL, both in French and in English. They also review legal documents, contribute to the preparation of meetings, prepare draft reports or minutes of meetings and give presentations on IHL to groups visiting the ICRC.
- A university degree in law or international relations and a Master degree in international law (or an equivalent post-graduate legal training);
- Excellent knowledge of IHL (shortlisted candidates will be tested in IHL during the course of the interviews);
- Fluency in either French or English, and a very good understanding of the other;
- Age: Applicants should be between 25 and 30 years old at the beginning of the internship.
Applications should be addressed to [email protected] The selection process will take place between May and June 2017.
Your application file should include the following elements:
- A fully completed Traineeship form;
- A cover letter, not exceeding 800 words;
- A CV, not exceeding two pages, which indicates in particular:
- The titles and the number of hours of international humanitarian law (IHL) courses followed
- Any academic writings and/or other research work carried out in IHL
- Any relevant professional experience in relation to IHL.
For more information, visit ICRC Traineeship.