Shark Tank of Wellness Student Global Competition 2017 (Win $10,000 in prizes and a trip to Florida)
Deadline: May 15, 2017
Entries are invited for The “Shark Tank of Wellness” competition is a unique global challenge in which university students have the opportunity to submit their most innovative, impactful idea for the wellness industry. They define the wellness industry broadly and are looking for innovations in sectors as varied as architecture/design, beauty, education, fitness, hospitality, investment, medicine, nutrition, real estate, spa, technology, travel, tourism, and more.
Submissions should take the form of a written application as well as a short one to two minute video presentation of the idea. The wellness industry is currently valued at over USD $3.7 trillion, thus providing ample opportunity for people with great ideas!
Prizes and Benefits
- First Prize: One (1) first-prize winner will receive USD $5,000
- Second Prize: One (1) second-prize winner will receive USD $3,000
- Third Prize: One (1) third-prize winner will receive USD $2,000
Additional non-cash prizes:
The top three finalists will be flown, along with their professors, to the annual Global Wellness Summit (GWS) held October 9-11 at The Breakers in Palm Beach, Florida. Here, they will present their business idea to the attending Summit delegates — a “who’s who” in the global wellness world. Several business leaders will act as “Wellness Sharks” and ask questions of the students, who will defend their innovation and make a business case for its feasibility. This is a priceless opportunity to meet and learn from global visionary leaders.
- The competition is open to both individuals and teams of students over the age of 18 from anywhere in the world. There is no entry fee.
- The contestant(s) must be an undergraduate student (working towards a two year diploma or four year Bachelor’s degree) or graduate/post-graduate student (working towards a masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD degree) in a university or college of distinction at the time they develop and submit their concept.
- The contestant(s) must be either a full-time or part-time student at the university or college, and must have a professor or faculty advisor who serves as a mentor to them.
- If a team is chosen as one of the top three finalists, the team leader will be flown to Palm Beach, Florida along with his/her professor or faculty advisor.
- Video length: Video must be between one to two minutes.
- Video submission: Video must be uploaded on the contestant’s YouTube or Dailymotion account (Please refer to YouTube’s and Dailymotion’s upload guidelines for more information).
How to Enter
- REGISTER for the contest online: Anyone interested in participating in the competition must register by completing the following Entry Form. Contestants will receive regular updates by email regarding the competition.
- SUBMIT your innovative idea: Please complete and email your Concept Submission Form to email@example.com no later than May 15. The Concept Submission Form includes a link to your one to two minute video presentation.
For more information, visit Shark Tank of Wellness Student Competition.