Call for Submissions: Wimmel Research Fellowship 2017
Deadline: March 30, 2017
The Wimmel Research Fellowship will be awarded as part of a joint project between Robert Bosch GmbH, Akademie Schloss Solitude and Wimmelforschung. The collaboration is based on the development of Platform 12, an experimental space designed by the artistic duo Wimmelforschung in collaboration with Bosch as part of Bosch’s new center for research and advance engineering. The purpose of the fellowship is to support encounters as well as interdisciplinary exchange in the context of science, economy and art. The collaboration’s aim is not the production of a specific artistic work, but the encounter and the process of intercommunication itself.
The Wimmel Research Fellowship addresses artists coming from the disciplines of architecture, visual arts, performing arts, sound, design, literature and time-based media, who have a serious interest in interdisciplinary exchange. A willingness to open communication and sensibility towards the specific working environment are essential. The decision on content and form of expression of the work are however principally open and left to the artist.
- The funding period amounts to maximal 3 months;
- A stipend amounting to Euro 1,150 monthly (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder travelling to and from Stuttgart from his or her primary place of residence);
- If applicable, a project-related budget for the realization of a project;
- A combined apartment studio, furnished with electricity, water and heat free of charge;
- For the duration of the fellowship the respective artist in her or his role as agent will be mentored by Wimmelforschung and Akademie Schloss Solitude.
- Individuals can apply for a fellowship. Persons up to 35 or if older who have completed a university or college degree within the past five years are welcome to apply;
- Currently enrolled university or college students (at the time of application) will not be considered for selection;
- The fellowship is a residence fellowship; continuous daily presence (Monday – Friday) on Platform 12 is mandatory;
- Prior to the fellowship there is minimum one-day attendance mandatory for orientation as well as a first meeting with Wimmelforschung and Robert Bosch GmbH in Stuttgart and an interview before and after the fellowship;
- Good language skills in English are essential, language skills in German are favored;
- An active examination and artistic reflection of the respectively encountered working conditions in the context of Platform 12 are required.
Applicants are to submit the following materials:
- A concept text (max. 1 Din A4 page)
- A motivation letter (max. 1 Din A4 page)
- A short biography and informative portfolio or documentation on previous artistic work
All documents should be sent exclusively in PDF format via e-mail to: [email protected]
The next two fellowships will be awarded for the periods of
- May 1, 2017 to July 31, 2017
- August 1, 2017 to October 31, 2017
The deadline for applications for both periods is March 30, 2017, 12 p.m. CET/MEZ.
For more information, visit Wimmel Research Fellowship.