NWO Visitor’s Travel Grant for Researchers 2017
The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research is calling researchers in the Netherlands to apply for a visitor’s grant for highly qualified senior researchers from abroad who hold a PhD. With this grant these researchers can stay in the Netherlands for a maximum of four months. The NWO Visitor’s Travel Grant programme is designed to encourage visits to the Netherlands by highly qualified foreign researchers in order to advance international cooperation by Dutch researchers and to enable foreign researchers to familiarise themselves with Dutch research and the research infrastructure of the Netherlands.
The purpose of the Visitor’s Travel Grants programme is to promote international cooperation between researchers in the Netherlands and elsewhere and to promote knowledge of Dutch research in other countries. The programme provides the opportunity to apply for a grant to help fund a visit by a foreign researcher that will make a vital contribution to the progress of a clearly delineated current scientific research project in the Netherlands.
- Subsistence costs are remunerated for a maximum period of four months with a standard payment of:
- 1750 euros per month for an experienced researcher;
- 2000 euros per month for a professor.
- International travel costs are reimbursed up to a maximum of:
- 500 euros for researchers from Europe;
- 1500 euros for researchers from outside of Europe.
- Open to a researcher (at least post-doc), with a tenured position at one of the Dutch universities, KNAW institutes, NWO institutes, NKI, MPI Nijmegen;
- Researchers from the Dubble Beamline at the ESRF in Grenoble, NCB Naturalis, and the Advanced Research Centre for NanoLithography (ARCNL) can apply for a visitor’s grant.
The following criteria will be used foe assessment and selection:
- Quality of the applicant;
- Quality and seniority of the visitor;
- Quality and feasibility of the work plan for the work visit in relation to the period requested;
- Importance of the work visit for the progress of the ongoing research project;
- Knowledge utilisation.
- Download the application form from the electronic application system ISAAC or from here;
- Complete the application form;
- Save the application form as a pdf file and upload it in ISAAC.
For more information, visit NWO Visitor’s Travel Grant.