Ehwa Global Empowerment Program 2017 (funded)
Deadline: April 9, 2017
Applications are ongoing for the Ehwa Global Empowerment Program 2017. The Ehwa Global Empowerment Program is a two-week residential educational program that takes place twice a year (summer and winter) offered by Ehwa Womans University. According to the Memorandum of Understanding between Ehwa Womans University and the UN Women, this program aims to promote education for women and gender equality in Asia and Africa by empowering women working in non-governmental public sectors and by nourishing the next generation of women leaders.
The theme for the 12th Ehwa Global Empowerment Program (2017 Summer) is “Transnational Feminisms and Women’s Activism” and it will take place from July 9 – 23, 2017. The 13th Ehwa Global Empowerment Program (2017 Winter) is with the theme “Transnational Women’s Activism: Sexuality, Women’s Body and Violence” and this will take place from January 7 – 21, 2018.
On completing this program, participants will have:
- Improved their theoretical knowledge and practical capacities from a gender perspective;
- Broadened their understanding of women’s lives, women’s issues, and women’s rights in Asian and African contexts; and
- Strengthened their feminist leadership capacities to build women’s solidarity and cooperation in local, national, and transnational contexts.
- Ewha Womans University provides the funding to cover fees for the tuition, dormitory, and a two-week allowance for all the participants;
- Funds for airfare will be awarded only to the participants from ODA beneficiary countries;
- Please note that any other expenses (except those mentioned ahead) should be borne by the selected participants themselves.
- Open to women activists working in non-governmental public sectors in Asia and Africa;
- With minimum two years of work experience for the 12th EGEP and minimum five years of work experience for the 13th EGEP.
The selection committee will evaluate the applicants based on the following criteria:
- Field experience 25%
- Expertise in women’s issues 25%
- Potential as next generation of women leaders 25%
- Contribution to the community 25%
- Create an account to join
- Please fill the online application after signing in and submit the completed forms:
- The announcement of selected participants will be on May 17, 2017.
For more information, visit EGEP 2017.