WISE Accelerator Program 2017/18 – Submit Innovative Education Technology Projects
Deadline: June 14, 2017
Applications for the WISE Accelerator Program 2017-18 is now open! The WISE Accelerator is a program designed to support the development of innovative projects in the field of education. Selected projects receive the guidance and expertise of qualified mentors and partners who provide effective strategies and practical support for their further development.
Each year, five projects are selected to join the one-year program, during which time they benefit from tailor-made mentorships to address their specific needs. In addition, the WISE Accelerator assists the selected projects to connect with an international network and create opportunities to share knowledge and find support among donors and investors.
The WISE Accelerator supports innovative projects that have a high potential for:
- a positive impact in education
Projects addressing education challenges through the use and/or design of technology in all sectors and regions are welcome to apply. Projects in this particular field may cover a wide range of activities. From the conception of apps and digital games to the creation of online platforms or the design of new curricula and pedagogies integrating technology, all education projects that are using or linking technology to their DNA are invited to apply.
All education projects that use or link technology to their DNA are encouraged to apply!
Ideal candidates for the WISE Accelerator will be existing projects at an early stage of development, with the following attributes:
- Established for at least two years;
- A significant and growing number of beneficiaries or customers;
- A record of activities with a product or service that has been successfully implemented and beyond proof of concept;
- Existing, stable revenues, and new opportunities for growth;
- A dedicated team, with an established physical space or office;
- Deep knowledge of the market/education context and of their beneficiaries’ or customers’ needs;
- Clear future objectives and motivation to develop further;
- Good understanding of the project’s current challenges in scaling.
Projects from all sectors and regions of the world are invited to apply for the WISE Accelerator.
- Applications must be from original projects related to the field of education and technology only.
- Projects must be formally constituted and must have progressed beyond proof of concept. The WISE Accelerator is not intended for new and untried ideas. Any such applications will not be considered.
- All applicants must complete, in English, the official online application form fully and provide detailed information on the educational activities of the project, as well as areas in which support may be required.
- Representatives of shortlisted projects will be contacted for an interview in which they may be asked to provide quantitative and qualitative evidence of the ways in which the project has delivered results.
- Selected projects will delegate a project representative who will personally engage with the WISE Accelerator program team and mentors, participate and represent the project in the residential sessions and international conferences over the course of the year.
The WISE Accelerator Committee, composed of leading experts in education and social entrepreneurship, will conduct a rigorous selection process.
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Solution and innovation;
- Strategy and management;
- Development beyond proof of concept, and potential for growth
Applications must be submitted online in English using the official application.
Please note that applications not submitted on the official application form, applications with inaccurate or incomplete information, applications not submitted in English, applications without valid references, applications received after the deadline, or more than one application for the same activity or project will be deemed ineligible and will not be considered.
For more information, visit WISE Accelerator Program.