Falling Walls Fellowship for Journalists 2017
Deadline: June 25, 2017
Applications are ongoing for the Falling Walls Fellowship for Journalists. In an effort to keep the public informed on life-changing scientific breakthroughs, the Falling Walls Fellowship for Journalists has been created. It is aimed at journalists and bloggers with at least three years of experience, and who hope to advance their knowledge in the area of sciences. The Fellows get the opportunity to attend the Falling Walls Lab, Falling Walls Venture, the Falling Walls Conference as well as an additional programme in Berlin around November 8 and 9, 2017. Falling Walls looks for breakthroughs and cover the latest developments in all disciplines that aim to inspire readers for a fruitful exchange beyond the borders of science, culture, media and policy. They are happy to work with a network of freelance writers, journalists and partner organizations.
Cost and Benefits
- The fellowship includes travel expenses (economy class), accomodation for 3 nights (organised by Falling Walls Foundation), conference fees and meals (breakfast at hotel, catering during the Falling Walls events);
- The fellows get the opportunity to attend the Falling Walla Lab, Falling Walls Venture, The Falling Walls Conference as well as an additional programme in Berlin around November 8-9, 2017.
- Open to Freelance and full-time journalists or bloggers. Professionals in fields such as research, teaching, public relations and advertising are not eligible.
- The applicants must have minimum of three years professional journalism/blogging experience in which they have written about the subject of sciences.
- Please fill in the online application form below and submit two work samples together with a CV and a cover letter (both in English) stating your motivation to apply for the fellowship by June 25, 2017;
- The application form must be filled out in English.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send us an email to [email protected].
For more information, visit Falling Walls Fellowship for Journalists.