2nd Tbilisi Photo Festival Residency Program
Deadline: May 8, 2017
For its 8th edition that will be held in Tbilisi in September 2017, Tbilisi Photo Festival announces an open call for the 2nd Residency Program for photographers and photography curators coming from 47-member states of the Council of Europe and Iran. The festival is looking for creative and interesting proposals from all interested applicants. Selected photographers and photography curators are expected to work in a span of 2 to 5 weeks, spending a minimum of 15 consecutive days in Georgia. They will be staying in Tbilisi between May 20 to December 30, 2017, and will be working closely on the assigned tasks given to them.
The Tbilisi Photo Festival was first launched in 2010, in partnership with Les Rencontres d’Arles. Six editions later it has become not only the most important photo festival in the region but one of the major annual cultural events in the Caucasus. The Festival aims to be a central meeting point for photography from different regions – Asia, Iran, Turkey, Europe, Russia and the Arab world and to showcase the best of world photography and to promote emerging regional photography. Each year, the festival attracts internationally renowned photographers, curators, photo editors and leaders of other major photo festivals to the Georgian capital, along with thousands of photography fans. It is a crossroads for new ideas in photography.
Costs and Benefits
- Travel costs to Tbilisi (around €400) including accommodation during the residency are covered, with additional support towards production costs for the presentation of the final work.
- Selected photographer for the Tbilisi Photo Festival Residency Program will receive bursary of €1,000.
- Open to photographers and photography curators from the European Union and Iran.
- Applicants must be 18-35 years old upon application.
Applicants will be evaluated on criteria including the artistic or professional excellence of the applicant’s work and quality of their proposal and the extent to which the residency will contribute to the artist’s development and be consistent with the applicant’s creative goals and professional development.
- Please download and fill the application form. Attach a CV, images in JPG format (may attach up to 20 images), and any relevant documentation (e.g. articles or papers about your work or exhibitions, reviews, etc.) that will attest to your eligibility to the program;
- Upon filling up, applicants must indicate a referee who has knowledge of the applicant’s professional background;
- Application should not exceed 15 MB. If it exceeds that size, applicants may zip them or send by online file sharing service (e.g. wetransfer.com). Indicate the link of the file upon submission of application;
- Please send the completed form, with the relevant enclosures (images/artist’s statement/up-to-date CV/supporting material if any) to the email address: [email protected] with a subject: residency application
For more information, visit 2nd Tbilisi Photo Festival Program.