Merck Accelerator Program for Start-ups in Kenya and Germany 2017
Deadline: June 26, 2017
Are you working on a big bang company? Looking for international opportunities? Merck is looking for startups with the potential to reshape entire industries and make people’s lives richer. The focus is on startups in the fields of healthcare, life science and performance materials – with a digital perspective. Do you have plans to internationalize your business? Even better! Merck will select and support early stage startups with programs in Darmstadt, Germany and Nairobi, Kenya. Projects or business should focus on any of the following:
- Healthcare: Prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals as well as solutions in the areas of allergies, biopharma and biosimilars.
- Life Science: Innovative tools and laboratory supplies for the life science industry that make research and biotech production easier, faster and more successful.
- Performance Materials: Specialty chemicals, such as liquid crystals for displays, effect pigments for coatings and cosmetics, or high-tech materials for the electronics.
- You will have access to mentors from Senior Management at Merck;
- They will provide up to €50,000 to kick-off your project;
- The Merck Innovator Academy provides each startup with a set of customized coaching sessions and workshops;
- At the Merck Innovation Center, you will be teaming up with other startups as well as innovation project teams from Merck;
- Besides the partner program in Nairobi Merck runs an extension program in Silicon Valley.
- Open to start-ups in Kenya and Germany;
- Startups shoud be in the fields of healthcare, life science and performance materials – with a digital perspective.
For more information, visit Merck Accelerator Program for Start-ups.