Nor-Shipping From Problem to Profit Competition 2017
Deadline: May 10, 2017
Are you a student, a young professional or an entrepreneur? Join the Nor-Shipping From Problem to Profit Competition 2017, where you explore how the industry can meet today’s challenges and turn them into tomorrow’s opportunities. Nor-Shipping invites YOU to share ideas & solutions with the global maritime industry! Are you passionate about the ocean and new sustainable solutions? The initiative “From Problem to Profit” is based by the UN Sustainable Development Goals, highlighting more than 30 issues related to shipping and the ocean, where new or improved sustainable solutions are needed. The young generation will create our future, and they are eager to hear your thoughts.
For more than 50 years, Nor-Shipping has been, activity-filled event that attracts key maritime industry players from across the world. The presence of leading figures from the entire maritime value chain makes Nor-Shipping a recognized arena for strategic deal making and networking. Nor-Shipping aims to connect, challenge, provoke and inspire the industry, encouraging silo-breaking development while identifying the new business opportunities arising in a world undergoing major transformative shifts. Leaders who drive change and utilize challenging markets through outside-the-box thinking, meet their peers to share sneak peeks into the future.
- Your idea or project could be worth NOK 100,000!
- Go Viral! A number of the best submissions will be shared through Nor-Shipping’s online channels, promoting you towards the global maritime industry. A great way to gain visibility towards potential employers, partners or connect to other engaged professionals;
- Standout contributors will be invited to the event’s Ocean Opportunity Talks in Oslo and might even be promoted virtually during the main conferences;
- 5 finalists get to join the stage at the Ocean Opportunity Pitch Sessions on Friday 2 June in front of a jury and audience of top executives and investors. Each finalist has a 7 minutes pitch. One of the prizes is a cash prize of NOK 100,000 (appr. EUR 10,000 / USD 10,000);
- You can also compete for a span of prizes from the industry partners, providing value for young talents. You can win an entire year of personal coaching by the Executive Vice President and Chief Sustainability Operator of DNV GL, Bjørn Haugland, summer internships and other cool opportunities will be announced!
- Open to young problem-solvers from across the maritime & ocean industries, and from related industries such as tech, finance and energy. This is your chance to showcase the potentials represented by yourself and your generation.
Explore the cases and pick one or more where you have a good idea, a non-confidential school or work project – or an existing solution if you are already an Entrepreneur. Create your own Ocean Opportunity Talk video (2-10 minutes length).
Send video with your ideas or solutions to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit Nor-Shipping From Problem to Profit Competition 2017.