African Development Bank Internship Program 2017 (Paid Position)
Deadline: May 30, 2017
The African Development Bank is welcoming applications for their 2017 paid internship program. Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate their delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
However applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the AfDB. Interns will be stationed at the AfDB Headquarters (Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire) and Bank’s External Offices.
To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a Master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning;
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree;
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above mentioned Degree;
- Citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries;
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
- Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for the Programme will be contacted. Applicants should submit a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any additional documents that may be stated as required. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Apply online here!
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to HR Direct: HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
For more information, visit AfDB Internship.