Apply for the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships in South Africa 2017
Deadline: June 30, 2017
Apply now for the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships in South Africa 2017. The scholarships give talented students – who can be from any Commonwealth country other than the host country – the opportunity to gain a Master’s degree while developing new skills and experiencing life in another country. With well-resourced, multi-cultural campuses, South Africa’s universities present a wide variety of academic and research opportunities, as well as numerous opportunities for extra-curricular activities. South African university qualifications are internationally recognised and it is a preferred destination for international students, accounting for approximately 10% of students at public universities. South Africa’s universities welcome international students, and institutions have a dedicated international office to support this.
Scholarships are tenable at:
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Cape Town
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa
- University of the Western Cape
- University of the Witwatersrand Johannesburg
- University of Venda
Research Masters in fields linked to:
- Birds as Key to Biodiversity Conservation
- Climate and Earth Systems Sciences
- Food Security
- Invasion Biology
- Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- Tree Health Biotechnology
- Four scholarships are available, starting in January/February 2018;
- The scholarships provide full tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance and a regular stipend (living allowance);
- The scholarships are for Master’s study only and are not applicable to distance learning courses;
- The scholarships are for new students only and cannot be used to fund a course you have already started;
- No additional funding will be provided for applicants with families;
- Scholarships are for a maximum of two years.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country other than South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa;
- Applicants must hold a Bachelors Honours degree of at least upper second level.
Complete the application form in as much detail as possible and submit it by email to email@example.com
As well as the application form, applicants must submit the following:
- High school certificates
- Undergraduate transcripts and graduation certificate
- At least one academic reference
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
- University offer letter for the course you have applied for if you already have one
Applicants are advised to arrange for their qualifications to be validated by the South African Qualifications Authority before applying to a university.
Applications close on Friday June 30, 2017 at 17:00 South Africa Standard Time.
For more information, visit Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships in South Africa.