CcHUB Diaspora Open Innovation Challenge 2017
Deadline: June 30, 2017
Co-creationHUB (CcHUB) is seeking ideas for the Diaspora Challenge. The CcHUB Diaspora Challenge is an open innovation challenge aimed at engaging entrepreneurs, innovators and scientists from the diaspora communities across the UK to source scalable business solutions to social challenges in Africa.
CcHub is a social innovation center dedicated to accelerating the application of social capital and technology for economic prosperity. Through this challenge, they aim to mobilise the Diaspora community to build scalable business solutions to social challenges in Africa.
They are seeking business ideas that make an impact in these 3 critical sectors:
- Prototype Funding: $15,000 per idea to fund prototype development
- Business Advisory: Provide insight in support of strategic planning & execution
- Seed Investment: On the path for up to $250,000 seed investment from Growth Capital
- Market Access & Network: Connect to strategic partners in African countries to support market entry processes
- Mentorship: Connect to mentors to provide honest & constructive feedback as well as industry guidance when necessary
- The Challenge is open to African Diaspora currently based in the UK
- Your idea solves a clear problem/issue that affects a large number of people in Africa
- The idea improves on an existing process/solution or is it completely new i.e. hasn’t been done locally
- Your solution leverage digital technology (web or mobile) for its execution
- You have taken time to research the problem/issue and have a clear picture of the target segment it affects
- You have (or have access to) the skills to implement your proposed solution
- You are prepared to spend the next nine (9) months building the solution and going out to understand your potential uses
For more information, visit CcHUB Diaspora Challenge.