Call for Participants: 6th Asia Pacific Youth Parliament for Water
Deadline: July 4, 2017
The Asia Pacific Youth Parliament for Water (APYPW) is a gathering of youth delegates representing different countries within the Asia Pacific region. The APYPW is to bring a diversity of young voices together toward global water issues and in the process encouraging them to deeply ponder and investigate pragmatic solutions for water-related challenges that are confronted today. By offering a variety of programs and activities from international conferences, replicating congressional actions, young delegates of each country will increase their awareness on water problems, strengthening their youth networks to address the environmental crisis. The program wil run from August 14 – 17, 2017 at the UNIST (Ulsan National Institute of Science & Technology), Republic of Korea.
- Discussion on how to solve the water crises that the Asia Pacific region faces based on Country Reports;
- Plenary Session of APYPW(Adaptation of the APYPW declaration);
- Water lectures given by specialists, Conversations between experts and youth;
- Site visit, Social networking;
- Award Ceremony.
- Participants are provided with meals and dormitory accommodations during the period
Awards and Benefits
- The awardee of the ‘Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Korea’ will be granted with
- A trip to participate 2017 Amsterdam International Water Week, Netherlands as the representatives of the APYPW;
- Given merits in the internship recruiting of the ‘Korea Environment Corporation’ and ‘Korea Environmental Industry Technology Institute’
- Those who win the Award given by the Wilo Foundation can enjoy the privilege of visiting the Wilo Foundation in Dortmund, Germany;
- All participants will be given a certificate of participation and gifts.
- Open to Undergraduate and graduate students in the Asia Pacific region including students on leave of absence;
- Foreign students studying in Korea are welcome to participate
The submitted application forms will be screened and 80 participants will be selected. Criteria of the screening include
- Sense of purpose
- Understanding and interest on water
- Experiences on relative activities
- Language proficiency (English), etc.
Interested applicants can proceed to fill the application form. Applications submitted after 18:00 (UTC+9) on July 4, 2017 will not be considered.
For more information, visit 6th Asia Pacific Youth Parliament for Water.