Art Moves International Billboard Art Competition 2017
Deadline: July 19, 2017
The Art Moves Festival is hosting its International Billboard Art Competition for 2017 and invites all the interested people, artists and students to participate. The purpose of the Art Moves competition is to propagate and popularize billboard art and to encourage artists to create art engaged in the reality. Submitted artworks are supposed to be creative responses to this year’s competition theme: Involvement and responsibility. Can each of us co-create a better world?
This competition slogan can be treated as a metaphor of all the processes taking place in the world today. Is each of us responsible for the world we live in? Are we ready to get involved and take responsibility for our lives and
the life of the communities we live in? Or maybe we prefer to put this responsibility into the hands of other people – politicians, governments, the media, corporations? Will they take up this challenge? And even if they do it, will they create the world we would like to live in? Both our activities and lack of activities have consequences.
What can we do? Should we wait passively until someone else does something? Maybe it would be better if each of us took responsibility for “our” own piece of the world, no matter where we live, what we do, and what our social status is? If every day many of us do something small, yet conscious and sensible, will it have any influence on the world we live in? Do our activities have to hit the headlines, or can they be just ordinary and everyday to make sense and have meaning? Maybe it is worth turning on our creativity and taking up the challenge of co-creating a better world?
- 10 most interesting works will be displayed on billboards in the city space during the Art Moves Festival in September / October 2017 in Torun, Poland. The author of the most interesting work will receive the Main Award in the amount of PLN 5.000 (about EUR 1188, USD 1325).
- All artists interested in billboard art are invited to take part, however, the Competition is particularly addressed to young artists, who are usually most eager to face new themes and untypical ways of art presentation. There is no entry fee.
- Both individual and group entries can be submitted.
- In order to apply please fill the application form. All works and the form should be sent in one e-mail.
- The works should be submitted by the 19 July 2017, 0:00 CET via electronic mail to the address: [email protected]
For more information visit the Art Moves International Billboard Art Competition.