United Nations Young Professionals Programme 2017
Deadline: August 22, 2017
Apply now to launch your career with the United Nations (UN). The UN Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a recruitment initiative for talented, highly qualified professionals to start a career as an international civil servant with the United Nations Secretariat. It consists of an entrance examination and professional development programmes once successful candidates start their career with the UN.
The YPP examination is held once a year and is open to nationals of countries participating in the annual recruitment exercise. The list of participating countries is published annually and varies from year to year.
- You must have the nationality of a participating country.
- You must hold at least a first-level university degree relevant for the exam subject you are applying for.
- You must be 32 or younger in the year of the examination.
- You must be fluent in either English or French.
Afghanistan, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahrain, Belarus, Belize, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Dominica, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Honduras, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Monaco, Mozambique, Nauru, Norway, Oman, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Qatar, Saint Lucia, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, South Sudan, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, United States, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam
Job Openings and Examination Structure
- Management and Administration Network – apply here.
- Human resources
- Inspection and evaluation
- Investment management
- Management and analysis
- Political, Peace and Humanitarian Network – apply here.
- Civil affairs
- Electoral affairs
- Human rights affairs
- Humanitarian affairs
- Political affairs
- Rule of law
- Security institutions
- Public Information and Conference Management Network – apply here.
- Conference services
- Documentation and information management
- Language (e.g. radio production in different languages)
- Public information
The YPP 2017 Examination Structure is still to be announced. The information from the “Examination structure” on our website is still referring to past year’s exam. Check our website periodically for more up-to-date information.
- Step 1: Confirm your eligibility. Carefully review basic application criteria above.
- Step 2: Review the job opening. Read the job opening for the exam subject you are interested in and make sure you fulfil the requirements. The list of job openings can be found above.
Step 3: Prepare an application
Apply to the selected job opening through Inspira. Additional guidelines on creating applications are available by clicking on the “Manuals and Help’’ link found in the upper right-hand corner of the webpage when you log in to https://inspira.un.org.
For more information, visit UN Young Professionals Programme.