Apply: 7th Global Education and Youth Training Course – Mollina, Spain (Fully funded)
Deadline: July 28, 2017
The North-South Centre (NSC) of the Council of Europe invites application for participation in the 7th Global Education and Youth Training Course for Youth Multipliers from 18th until 23rd September 2017 in Mollina, Spain. This training course is organized in the framework of the 18th University on Youth and Development and aims to empower representatives of youth organisations to further support the practice of GDE based on the NSC’s Global Education methodology, contributing to develop a better understanding of intercultural education, intercultural learning and intercultural competences.
Are you a young key multiplier playing an active role in a youth organisation, willing to gain skills to promote and disseminate principles of Global Development Education (GDE) to other young people? Do you want to develop intercultural competences to facilitate peer-learning processes with other young people? If yes, apply now.
This activity is part of the iLegend project: Intercultural Learning Exchange through Global Education, Networking and Dialogue co-funded by the Council of Europe and the Civil Society and Local Authorities Programme of the European Union.
The North-South Centre will issue pre-paid flight round-trip tickets from your country to Malaga. It is expected that participants/background organisations support expenses related to local transport in the home country, as well as visa costs. The board and lodging for the full duration of the training course is covered (accommodation and meals). Participants will be accommodated in double/triple rooms.
Candidates will be considered for the selection phase on the basis of the following eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by the deadline for applications:
- be a citizen from one of the Council of Europe member states and the Southern Neighbourhood;
- be between 18 and 30 years old;
- be able to work and communicate fluently in English;
- be supported by one youth organisation/platform or institution.
- Participants supported by European youth organizations/platforms or institutions with a diaspora dimension are highly encouraged to apply.
Candidates selected on the basis of the above eligibility criteria will be evaluated according to the following selection criteria, which must be clearly specified in the candidate’s application form and recommendation letter:
- playing an active role within youth organisation/platform or institution, and plan to continue this work in the near future;
- having already some experience as trainers or in terms of international youth work and project work;
- having background knowledge in terms of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), intercultural dialogue and youth related issues;
- taking into consideration the organisation outreach and targeted beneficiaries.
The selection will be carried out by the North-South Centre and the pedagogical team. The selection process will seek gender and geographical balance and will assure representation of participants coming from different regions.
- Complete the online application form
- Submit a recommendation letter from the sending organisation to [email protected]
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and that due to the large number of applications individual requests and follow up questions will not be addressed, unless considered as assistance to the application process.
For more information, visit 7th Global Education and Youth Training Course.