ALN Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship 2017
Deadline: August 7, 2017
Applications for the Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship (AAE) are now open. The Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship aim to recognize some of the continent’s most innovative and impactful entrepreneurs. Over the past 8 years, AAE has attracted over 7000 applications from industries and sectors ranging from education. health, transport, energy among others.
The awards aim to recognize Africa’s most talented entrepreneurs across 4 categories:
- Best Growing Business: high growth companies
- Best Mature Business: legacy companies with significant revenue base and continental footprint
- Youth Entrepreneur of the Year: entrepreneurs under the age of 35
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year: social impact oriented enterprises
- Only African companies are eligible for these awards. You will be required to provide proof that your core operations are on the continent;
- They look for a track record of innovation, profitability, business excellence and social impact;
- Businesses from any sector are encouraged to apply;
- Applicants interested in the Outstanding Young Entrepreneur category must be 35 years old or below;
- Applications must be filed by a single company representative.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Leadership, culture and values: This majorly points out to how your organisation invests in its employees as well as the values ethics that drive it.
- Innovation: They look for companies that are providing creative and leading edge solutions that add real value to the lives of customers
- Profitability: Your business should be commercially sustainable and demonstrate a robust financial position
- Long term Business Strategy: Your business should demonstrate a sound and coherent strategy for future growth and continued value addition
- Social & Economic impact on communities: Your business should be adding value to their communities. They are looking for companies that have a demonstrable commitment to using business for social impact.
- The first step is to fill in the application form and upload your supporting documents online.
- They will notify you of the status of your application by the end of August;
- Shortlisted candidates will the interviewed by a panel of judges via Skype. Successful candidates will be invited to attend the award ceremony in Mauritius.
For more information, visit AAE 2017.