Speak UP, Step UP European Conference 2017 in Berlin, Germany (Fully-funded)
Deadline: August 27, 2017
Apply to attend the Speak UP, Step UP! European youth work empowering young people’s democratic values & active citizenship. This is a European conference that aims to reinforce the role and impact of Erasmus+ Youth in Action in the promotion of active citizenship and common European values including pluralism, non-discrimination, tolerance, justice, solidarity and equality, among young people across Europe.
The conference is taking place 16 to 18 October 2017, Berlin, Germany with up to 100 participants from all over Europe. It is hoped that the conference will be an occasion for members of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action community of practice around Europe to revisit and re-affirm their shared vision for the political and civic purpose of the programme.
Cost and Benefits
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses. If you come from the Western Balkans please contact SALTO SEE under firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about further information about the financial details.
The conference will welcome up to 100 participants from all over Europe. This conference is for you, if you correspond to one or more of the following profiles:
- You are currently implementing or have previously implemented Erasmus+ Youth in Action projects (any action) that seek to address contemporary political and social challenges with young people;
- you work directly with young people in projects or manage projects through which you have extensive contact with young people;
- you (have) actively use(d) different non-formal education approaches (for example, critical pedagogy, education for democratic citizenship, European citizenship education, human rights education, political or intercultural education) or youth work approaches (open youth work, participatory / youth led youth work, etc.) in your Erasmus+ Youth in Action projects;
- you are using (or have used) Erasmus+ Youth in Action projects to develop young people’s active citizenship, political literacy and social action;
- you are managing an organization, association, institution or network that is actively promoting values underpinning young people’s active citizenship using political or value based education in the European youth field;
- you are responsible for the development and implementation of policy frameworks that support civic and political education (for example, youth policy, research, recognition of non- and informal education and youth work, quality standards in the training of professionals delivering educational programmes, National Agencies etc.).
All participants should be in a position to share their specific experiences of working with and on the development of international youth work, using Erasmus+/Youth in Action and / or other European youth programmes. Participants should be working in positions of responsibility in their organizations. However, they may be professionals, volunteers, employees or representatives of their organizations.
The organizers will attempt to compose a group of participants that is representative of the widest possible diversity of perspectives and experiences from across the European youth field, in particular the Erasmus+/Youth in Action programme. Social and/or cultural groups under-represented in the Erasmus+/Youth in Action programme. Gender and geography will also be considered in composing the conference participant group.
Please apply through the online form on salto-youth.net.
For more information, visit Speak UP, Step UP European Conference.