Czech Republic Government Scholarship for Developing Countries 2018-19 (Undergraduate, Masters and Doctorate)
Deadline: September 30, 2017
The Government of the Czech Republic is offering scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic. These Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study for Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral Programmes.
- In Bachelor/Master/Doctoral study programmes plus one-year preparatory course of the Czech language(which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor’s/Master’s degree courses, as applicable, who can enrol only in study programmes in which instruction is given in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the higher education institution concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award;
- In follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
- The scholarships are intented solely to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a member state of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic may therefore be granted this type of scholarship.
- The scholarships may not be granted to persons under 18 years of age. (The applicants have to turn 18 as of 1 September of the year when they commence studies in the Czech Republic at the latest.)
- A limited number of scholarships is offered also to applicants from selected developing countries through the UNESCO.
- Each applicant is obliged to fill out an electronic application form.
- Prospective applicants are advised to address their inquiries concerning, among others, their eligibility and closing date for applications to the Czech Embassies in their countries.
Detailed information on the terms and conditions of scholarship awards is provided in the binding “Guidelines for Granting Scholarships of the Government of the Czech Republic”, issued in Czech, English, Spanish, French and Russian (click below to download in the PDF format):
- Czech: cesky_jazyk_dispozice_2017.pdf;
- English: English_dispozice_2017.pdf;
- Spanish: Espanol_dispozice_2017.pdf;
- French: Francais_dispozice_2017.pdf;
- Russian: Russian_dispozice_2017.pdf.
Prospective applicants are advised to peruse the guidelines before applying.
For more information, visit Czech Republic Government Scholarship.