San Diego Latino Film Festival International Poster Competition 2017
Deadline: November 3, 2017
The San Diego Latino Film Festival (SDLFF) turns 25! They invite design professionals, artists and students from all over the world to produce a commemorative poster design that will represent the history and legacy of the SDLFF. SDLFF was born out of a desire to take a stand against the status-quo of cinema, to challenge the reigning and ever-present stereotypes about the Latino experience in movies, and to give Latino filmmakers the power of telling and sharing their stories, first-hand, about what it means to be Latino.
They invite you and all other visionary designers to be a part of their silver anniversary — 25 and still going strong! — by submitting your project for consideration. The commemorative poster design shall celebrate SDLFF’s core values and their passion for Latino culture.
- Top Prize: $1,000 dollars and promotional exposure in all marketing festival related marketing materials;
- 10 Finalists – 2 tickets to the 24th San Diego Latino Film Festival (March 15-25, 2018) & limited promotional exposure!
- This is an international competition, it is open to designers of all professional levels.
- There is no entry fee.
When developing your artwork, please keep in mind that your poster design will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Clarity and originality of message
- Impact, memorability, and appeal to general audiences
- Unique, positive, and non-stereotypical representation of Latino Culture
- Design (type, color, composition, craft)
- Versatility for application on other media
- You can submit your poster design online or by sending it via www.wetransfer.com to [email protected]
- Entries Specifications:
- Computer graphics, as well as paintings, may be used to compose the design.
- Format: JPEG, 18″ wide x 24″high, 150 DPI (RGB), 4 MB
- If you make it past the preliminary round of entries, you’re also required to submit your artwork in Digital Format, 11” wide x17” high at 300 DPI (CMYK).
- Artwork must include a brief description of your artwork
- When submitting artwork please include [Artist Name]_[Name of Poster]. Example: Name_postername01.jpg
For more information, visit San Diego Latino Film Festival International Poster Competition.