Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Fellowship 2018
Deadline: December 31, 2017
Applications are open for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Fellowship 2018. The Fellowship Programme is designed to attract fellows, typically PhD students, researchers and professors, who have an advanced level of relevant technical knowledge and experience in any field of the Organization.
They are willing to fulfil their specialized learning objectives and at the same time, contribute their technical expertise and knowledge through time-bound arrangements with FAO. Assignments for fellows would be in line with FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry. FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy.
- Applicants should be graduate or post-graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) or be enrolled in a PhD programme;
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish);
- Knowledge of a second FAO official language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications;
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations;
- Age: no age limits;
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, have good communication skills and be knowledgeable in the use of basic computer programmes;
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not be eligible for the Fellowship Programme;
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment.
- To apply, visit the iRecruitment website and complete your online profile;
- Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered. Candidates are requested to attach a research proposal;
- Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. They encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
For more information, visit Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Fellowship.