AINnovation Spaces Competition 2017 (Winners receive fully-funded Internship at QMIC, Qatar)
Deadline: September 1, 2017
Are you an innovator with a prototype that you want to showcase? A start-up looking for an investment or do you have an idea that could better people’s lives and the world? If yes to any of the above, then apply for the AINnovation Spaces Competition. The Arab Innovation Network (AIN) is a volunteer-run initiative that aims to foster innovation in the Arab World by encouraging youth to direct their knowledge, skills, and resources towards industry-relevant innovation.
AINnovation Spaces Competition is a prestigious competition, designed to allow students from across the Arab world to showcase their ideas in front of judges and experts in various fields. AINnovation Spaces challenges student to come up with innovative ideas to solve health, environmental, and engineering problems. Ideas are not limited to solving problems only, but can be ‘anything’ that will better people’s lives and the world. Selected participants are invited to AIN’s annual conference (AINAC) to present their ideas.
- Selected participants are invited to AIN’s annual conference (AINAC) to present their ideas. Competitors who require financial support to attend AIN’s Annual Conference (AINAC) can apply for travel and accommodation grant. This is available only for one person per team. The accommodation covers two nights in a shared room;
- The winner(s) receive a fully funded two-months internship at Qatar Mobility Innovation Centre (QMIC) in Qatar;
- Participants get great exposure and opportunity to meet professionals in various fields and expand their professional network;
- Participants receive constructive criticisms from experts, which interim, allows participants to further enhance their ideas;
- Winner(s) will be given the opportunity to access to QMIC prestigious facility, to further develop their projects.
- Open to Arabs or any person residing in the Arab world with an innovative mind and bright new ideas;
- Applicant should have a prototype;
- Application can come from one individual or a team of two people;
- People with start-ups looking for an investment can also apply.
- Submit a brief introduction about yourself and your idea here
- Successful applicants will be notified and will receive invitation letters by September 7, 2017. Note that you will receive a notice if your application has been declined.
- After being accepted, successful participants will be required to submit the competition checklist accompanied by the required documents by September 25, 2017.
- Successful applicants are to register to attend the AIN’s Annual Conference (AINAC) by October 5, 2017.
- Checklist and backup documents are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by successful applicants.
- Awards will be announced by November 10, 2017.
For more information, visit AINnovation Spaces Competition.