PEMSEA Youth Grant Competition 2017 (Up to $2,000 for Winner)
Deadline: August 31, 2017
Do you have an idea or project to support the sustainability of coasts and oceans? Then join the PEMSEA Youth Grant Competition 2017. An initiative under PEMSEA’s Youth Program, this competition hopes to enable young leaders to provide real world solutions.
Funding will be awarded for a winning project proposal for the sustainable development of coastal and ocean areas in the East Asian Seas (EAS) region. Projects must be linked to sustainable development of coastal areas, preferably in collaboration with local government and communities that are implementing integrated coastal management (ICM) programs.
- Up to $2,000 will be awarded for a winning project proposal
- Applicants must be 18-30 years old and
- Be a citizen of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Indonesia, Japan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste or Vietnam.
Proposals would be judged by the following:
- Have a clear rationale of the need for the project – 20%
- Feasibility of the project – 25%
- Must result in concrete benefits and positive impacts for coastal community/ecosystems – 25%
- Inclusivity: Must be developed with multi-sectoral stakeholders e.g. local government, communities, other organizations – 20%
- Monitoring and evaluation strategy – 10%
- Must support coastal strategy plan of an existing ICM site and include a partnership with a PNLC member – (bonus points)
Project proposals should contain the following and should not exceed 5 pages:
- Project Title
- Background and rationale
- Work plan/activities
- Target partner
- Expected outputs/results
- Target beneficiaries
- Community/organizations/local government involved
- General timeline
- Estimated costs
- General Monitoring and Evaluation plan
- Send your proposals to PEMSEA’s Manager of Strategic Initiatives by emailing email@example.com
- Announcement of the selected project proposal will be on September 18, 2017. The selected project should be fully implemented by October 2018.
For more information, visit PEMSEA Youth Grant Competition.