Apply for the Youth Travel Foundation Grants 2017
Deadline: September 15, 2017
Applications are ongoing for the Youth Travel Foundation Grants 2017. The foundation fulfills its mission by providing financial support to young people with projects to cultivate their personal growth, promote sustainable development or discover the world. This financial support is made available through travel grants. Currently, the foundation offers three types of grants in 2017:
- Solo Travel grant is geared towards young people who are undertaking a project or internship for personal or professional development;
- Mary Barclay – First Trip grant is awarded to young adults aged 18 to 24 who wish to travel on their own for the first time;
- Sleep for Peace grant is a video contest designed to support projects involving reflexion on travel conscious mindset in connexion with tolerance and peace between people.
- A $1,000 grant will be awarded to winners in each category
Solo Travel grant
- The candidate must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and reside in Canada;
- Be between 18 and 35 years on the departure date;
- Submit their application by September 15, 2017 at the latest, for projects with scheduled departures between October 1, 2017, and September 30, 2018;
- Apply for a grant to take part in a project with a purpose other than tourism focused on leisure or rest or leading to commercial activities, or to take part in conferences, seminars, retreats, cruises, formal activities, internships or other travel-reated entertainment activities.
Mary Barclay – First Trip grant
- The candidate
- Must be between 18 and 24 years old on the departure date;
- Must prove that they can finance 80% of their trip, to which the foundation can add up to $1,000;
- The trip must be for a duration of at least three weeks;
- The candidate must organize entire trip;
- The trip must include at least two destinations;
- The trip must focus on the discovery of local ways of life;
- Applications must be submitted by September 15, 2017 at the latest for projects with scheduled departures between October 1, 2017 and September 30, 2018;
- The candidate must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- The candidate must reside in Canada.
Sleep for Peace grant
- Open to a young videomaker who wish to depict world peace, tolerance and inclusion from a different perspective through modern channels of communication and travel.
- The video may last up to one minute;
- The video must focus on peace, openness and travel;
- The participant must be between 18 and 35 years old at the time of submitting the video (deadline: August 18, 2017);
- The application must be submitted no later than September 18, 2017;
- The participant must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- The participant must reside in the province of Quebec;
- The participant must grant the YTF permission to use the video on communication platforms (websites, YouTube, Facebook, etc.);
- The YTF reserves the right to not select any winner;
- The participant must prove that they own the rights to the video.
If you want to apply for a grant, you must select the grant that corresponds to your project and complete the relevant form.
For more information, visit Youth Travel Foundation Grants.