Actors of Urban Change Program 2017-2019 (Funding Available)
Deadline: September 29, 2017
Applications are invited for the Actors of Urban Change Program 2017-2019. The Actors of Urban Change aims to achieve sustainable and participatory urban development through cultural activities and by using specific potentials of culture as driver and enabler of positive change. This is carried out by strengthening the competencies for cross-sector collaboration among actors from the cultural, public and private sectors.
Through local projects, an international qualification program, Europe-wide exchange and individual coaching, the participants put those skills into practice. Actors of Urban Change is a program by the Robert Bosch Stiftung in cooperation with MitOst e.V. After two stages (2013-15 and 2015-17) of the program, the third program round takes place from autumn 2017 to summer 2019.
- Financial support is offered to enhance your local project as well as international qualification activities focusing on workshops and peer learning activities. To support your local collaboration they offer a total amount of up to EUR 13,000. This includes:
- grants for the implementation of your local project (up to EUR 5,000)
- process-related and tailor-made support by experts (up to EUR 5,000)
- mobility grants, i.e. financial support for Shadowing Internships in other cities in the network (up to EUR 3,000)
- Additionally, they will reimburse all travel expenses and accommodation related to the international seminars. This financial support is embedded in international activities. These include participation in five international Actors of Urban Change Academy Meetings (4-5 days each) with a strong focus on peer learning, as well as mobility grants to spend Shadowing Internships in other cities in the network.
Open to individuals who
- work in the cultural, the public or the private sector;
- apply as a local team with a joint project proposal for their city;
- are highly motivated to develop their skills in cross-sector collaboration and participatory urban development;
- are interested in international exchange and networking;
- are ambitious to engage in local project work as well as the international elements of the program;
- have a good command of English;
- are based in one of the 47 Council of Europe member states, Kosovo or Belarus.
Interested applicants should register here to begin application