Deadline: October 31, 2017
Are you creating shared value with your initiative? Apply now for the 2018 The Nestlé Creating Shared Value Prize. In celebration of 10 years of Creating Shared Value, Nestlé has partnered with Ashoka, the world’s leading network of systems-changing social entrepreneurs, to search for, support and accelerate solutions tackling the biggest issues in water, nutrition and rural development. The competition helps scale up or replicate business-oriented initiatives that address challenges in nutrition, water or rural development. It’s open to social and private enterprises, as well as non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
The Creating Shared Value Prize (CSV prize) is designed to recognise and support outstanding initiatives addressing challenges in Water, Nutrition, or Rural Development that:
- Have a proven concept tested through a pilot or small-scale enterprise.
- Have the potential to scale and replicate in other settings or communities.
- Have promise of substantial social impact through improving access to nutrition, enhancing rural development, or having a significant impact on water management or access to clean water.
- Is built on a sound and viable business model.
For 2018, the Prize package includes a cash prize of up to CHF 400’000, a pitch opportunity at the World Water Forum in Brasil in 2018, and a prestigious Ashoka Fellowship.
All applicants receive:
- Application evaluation from the Ashoka and Nestle screening committee, as well as independent peers through the Ashoka Changemakers Feedback and Review process.
10 Highly Commended Initiatives will be featured online before the announcement of the top 5 Finalists are selected to the final stages.
Semi-finalists receive (50 top-tier applications under phase 1): In addition of the above:
- Detailed Feedback from the expert Screening Committee
- Participation in an online CSV Prize Networking Group
- Have access to exclusive networking opportunities
Finalists receive (retained applications under phase 2): In addition of the above:
- A travel bursary to attend the 2-day Ashoka Impact Boot Camp at the World Water Forum in Brazil in March 2018
- The opportunity to pitch their initiatives to the Nestle Creating Shared Value Council, live at the Forum
- Finalists will be featured through Ashoka and Nestle’s media activities
Winners receive: All of the above, plus:
- Up to CHF 400,000 cash prize
- A place on the Creating Shared Value Accelerator Programme.
- One Lifetime Ashoka Fellowship (following Ashoka’s in depth Venture Selection Process)
- A place on the Ashoka Social Investment Accelerator
NB: The prize money may only be used for the awarded initiative and its development.
- Applications for the Creating Shared Value Prize are open to social enterprises, commercial enterprises and nonprofit entities creating shared value in any country around the world.
- Ashoka and Nestle are looking for initiatives which are enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future by tackling the biggest issues in water, nutrition, and rural development.
If your answer is ‘yes’ to each of these questions, you are eligible to apply.
- Are you the founder, co-founder, CEO or hold an equivalent leadership position within the initiative your application represents?
- Is your initiative beyond proof of concept stage, with a successful pilot underway?
- Does your initiative have the potential to grow on a broad-scale, or replicate in a new community or context?
- Are you making a social and/or environmental impact, by either improving access to nutrition, enhancing rural development, or having a significant impact on water management or access to clean water?
- Does your initiative have a viable business model or financial sustainability plan?
- Are you able to submit your application in English, French, Spanish, or Portuguese?
Winning applications will show strength in the following areas:
- Innovation – The initiative must represent an innovative approach to the problem it seeks to address, either through new methods, new models, new technologies, or application of old methods, models or technologies in a new, innovative way.
- Environmental and social impact – The initiative must have proven its worth on a pilot or small-scale basis, and already have measurable, quantifiable environmental or social impact.
- Potential for scaling up and/or replication – The initiative should have strong growth potential and/or replicable to other social, cultural or geographical settings.
- Financial viability – The initiative must be built on a viable business model, and / or show realistic and long term plans for financial sustainability, and must have the potential to continue beyond the CSV Prize funding.
- Organisational Leadership – The initiative and its leaders must show leadership to influence the field in which they work, as well as the ability to incorporate and leverage investment by Nestle and support offered through the CSV Prize.
- Potential for Creating Shared Value – The initiative should create value for all stakeholders, thereby exemplifying the concept of Creating Shared Value.
- One application per initiative will be accepted.
- Applications can be made in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese only.
- Initiatives that are already financed or supported by Nestlé S.A., affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures are not eligible.
- Employees of Nestlé S.A., their parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, joint ventures, participating advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible.
- Previous CSV Prize winners are not eligible.
Apply online here in English, Spanish, Portuguese or French. Online applications are open between 29th August and 31st October 2017.
Any further questions? Contact us via [email protected].
For more information, visit Nestlé Creating Shared Value Prize.