Call for Application: Reuters Photojournalism Grant Program 2018 (Up to $5,000)
Deadline: November 10, 2017
Applications are open for the Reuters Photojournalism Grant Program 2017. Through this program, Reuters seeks to recruit and develop a diverse new generation of young photojournalists to tell original human stories from their locations and communities anywhere in the globe.
Pictures taken by grant recipients will be distributed globally on Reuters platforms. Yannis Behrakis, Reuters photojournalist and senior editor, special projects, will advise recipients with their assignments and projects, providing advice or planning assistance. Yannis is well known for his coverage of the European migrant crisis and was part of a team of Reuters Pictures photographers awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Breaking News Photography for their coverage of the crisis in 2016.
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world’s media organizations and directly to consumers at Reuters.com and via Reuters TV.
- Eight selected applicants will receive $5,000 USD grants for their project.
- Open to passionate photojournalists or students of photojournalism who are interested in working on photo assignments and projects to advance their abilities and tell new stories;
- Candidates do not need to be professional photojournalists, but must demonstrate an ability to successfully conceive and complete their grant project.
- Apply here
- Applicants must submit a CV and a 35-50 picture portfolio (JPEG format) of both single images and multi-image stories.
- Applicants must also submit a detailed cover letter explaining a project or idea to use the grant. A focused project about a subject in a community or location close to you that you can reasonably complete in a few weeks or months is advisable.
- Successful candidates will be contacted by Yannis Behrakis.
The Grant period will begin on January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018.
For more information, visit Reuters Photojournalism Grants.