Deadline: November 5, 2017
Call for applications is ongoing for the GreenMatter Fellowship 2018. The Fellowship brings together a cohort of dynamic, talented and committed biodiversity practitioners, with the objective of developing and unlocking their potential. It affords participants the opportunity to fully engage in tackling biodiversity issues through their study and career paths, alongside peers who share in that commitment.
The 2018 Fellowship call is inviting applications for an award from the following:
- Nedbank Eyethu Community Trust: For students wanting to enroll at a South African University to commence Honours studies in 2018. This award is supported by the Nedbank Eyethu Community Trust and GreenMatter. The Honours coursework and proposed research topic must address GreenMatter Priority Skills Areas.
- Harry Crossley Foundation/Stellenbosch University/University of Cape Town: For students wanting to enroll at Stellenbosch University or the University of Cape Town to commence Honours and PhD studies in the 2018 (2nd and 3rd year students are not eligible). This award is supported by the Harry Crossley Foundation, Stellenbosch University, University of Cape Town and GreenMatter. The proposed research topic must address GreenMatter Priority Skills Areas.
- The Mapula Foundation MSc and PhD Award: For students wanting to enroll at any South African university to commence Master’s and PhD studies within a Biosphere Reserve in 2018 (2nd year students are not eligible). This award is supported by The Mapula Foundation and GreenMatter.
A GreenMatter postgraduate award provides holistic support in the form of:
- A cash contribution towards costs of living, study fees, and research costs; and
- The opportunity to access mentoring support, career guidance and platforms to engage in learning networks.
Applicants must be
- A national of South Africa;
- In possession of an undergraduate Degree, Honours Degree, or Master’s Degree;
- Seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate programme;
- Able to motivate how your field of study aligns to the GreenMatter priority skill areas identified.
- Download the Guideline Document
- Fill in the Application form – (for Postgraduate Fellows MSc & PhD) and (for Postgraduate Fellows Honours)
- The following supporting documents must be included and should be uploaded at the end of the form. Please make sure the documents are labelled accordingly:
- Proof of South African citizenship;
- Certified copy of degree certificate(s);
- Certified academic transcripts;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) – List any and all work or volunteer experience;
- Thesis proposal;
- Reference letters from two referees.
- Return the Application and all supporting documentation to [email protected] by November 5, 2017.
For more information, visit Green Matter Fellowship.