Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Program 2018 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: November 28, 2017
Apply now for the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Program in Lebanon 2018. The program is funded by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs (ECA) to provide scholarships for high school students from countries with significant Muslim populations to study for one academic year in the U.S.
YES students serve as “youth ambassadors” of their home country, promoting mutual understanding by forming lasting relationships with their host families and communities. Participants live with a host family, attend an American high school, acquire leadership skills, and engage in activities to learn about U.S. society and values; they also help educate Americans about their home country and culture.
The Kennedy‐Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program was established in October, 2002. The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, along with the U.S. exchange community, recognized the importance of youth exchange as a key component to building bridges between Citizens of the U.S. and countries around the world, particularly those with significant Muslim populations.
- Kennedy-Lugar YES scholarships cover all major expenses, including airfare, room and board, health insurance, pocket money and education supplies.
- Be a Lebanese citizen or a long-term Palestinian resident in Lebanon;
- Be currently enrolled in the Brevet or 1st secondary class of the Lebanese baccalaureate program or in the 9th or 10th grade of the high school program;
- Have a birth date between August 1, 2001 and August 1, 2003;
- Demonstrate maturity, good character, scholastic aptitude, flexibility and adaptability;
- Have a minimum of “B” average or 12/20 for the past three years without failing grades;
- Have strong English language ability: minimum “B” average or 12/20 in English for the past three years;
- Agree to attend classes in the U.S. as full-time students and maintain at least a “C” average or 10/20 in a U.S. high school;
- Demonstrate willingness to participate in American host family daily life;
- Have not previously attended school for a semester or academic year in the United States;
- Not be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (green card holder).
- Fill out the Kennedy-Lugar YES application completely. Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Provide official school grades for the last three years (preferably in English)
- Provide a current passport-sized photo
- Provide a copy of Ikhraj Kaid or residency ID
- Applicants can submit the application online to [email protected]g, deliver it in person to AMIDEAST, send it through the school, or mail the application to the following address:
Kennedy-Lugar YES Program
PO BOX 11-2190
Beirut 1107 2100
If you’re having difficulties downloading this application, please contact [email protected]
For more information, visit Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Program.