Deadline: November 10, 2017
One Young World is calling on previous Summit participants to be Coordinating Ambassadors 2017-2018. One Young World Summits are fantastic, inspiring events but it is after each Summit that the hard work really begins. After attending a Summit, all delegates become One Young World Ambassadors, tasked with creating an impact in their countries, communities and organisations. This global community boasts 9,000 young leaders who have positively impacted 14.6 million people with their initiatives since 2010.
Between Summits, One Young World makes huge efforts to follow Ambassador initiatives, promote their stories and connect them with each other. But they can’t do this alone.
It is vital to follow what Ambassadors all around the world are doing in their countries, communities or businesses. To make this more effective, Coordinating Ambassadors from 28 geographical regions are selected to take the lead on reporting on the incredible work that happens in between Summits. Coordinating Ambassadors are the glue that holds the community together and the linchpin between the One Young World team based in London and the thousands of Ambassadors worldwide.
- Community Engagement: Coordinating Ambassadors will primarily be expected to engage with all One Young World Ambassadors within their geographical regions. This engagement is key to sustaining momentum after each Summit, tracking the impact of individual Ambassadors and making useful connections between them.
- Information Gathering: One Young World will create an Ambassador impact measurement questionnaire. Coordinating Ambassadors will ensure Ambassadors in their region complete the questionnaire and stress the need for robust responses. This data will provide information on the impact of Ambassadors and will form the basis of case studies and data visualisation for a range of purposes.
- Organise physical and/or online Ambassador meetings/focus groups: Coordinating Ambassadors will assist One Young World in canvassing Ambassadors regarding the topics to be covered at the 2017 Summit. Coordinating Ambassadors are encouraged to stage Caucuses – physical and/or online meetings, which are aimed at fostering strong connections among Ambassadors in their region throughout the year.
- Commissioning Ambassador Blogs: Blogs written by Ambassadors are currently published on the One Young World website, The Huffington Post and Medium. Coordinating Ambassadors will commission and edit blogs written by Ambassadors in their region. Blogs are a way of sharing knowledge, ideas, solutions and points of view which directly correlate to hot topics in global affairs. On occasion, One Young World may ask the Coordinator to commission a blog about a news event while it is current.
- Coordinate events
- One Young World is often able to offer its Ambassadors the chance to attend exclusive events. When these opportunities arise, Coordinating Ambassadors will invite Ambassadors in the local area to attend.
- Coordinating Ambassadors will also have the opportunity to suggest and stage approved fundraising and other events in their region with local partners and other potential stakeholders.
- Coordinating Ambassadors serve for a period of 14 months and will attend the 2018 Summit for free (flights not included).
- All past participants of a One Young World Summit is eligible to apply
- Besides the individual skills and qualities that you can bring to this role it is essential that you possess the following things:
- A high level of written and spoken English
- Personal access to a computer and internet
- A passion for the aims of One Young World and activities of Ambassadors
- The ability to commit time and effort to the role
- You must live in the region you intend to coordinate
- October 19, 2017: Applications open.
- November 10, 2017: Applications close (9:00am GMT).
- November 10 – 24, 2017: Application assessment and interviews.
- November 28 – 30: Coordinating Ambassadors announced.
For more information, visit One Young World Coordinating Ambassador.