Deadline: December 6, 2017
Livelihoods and Food Security Trust Fund (LIFT) would like to encourage current LIFT implementing partners to offer opportunities for last year graduates and new graduates, Myanmar and international, to spend a few months within their project to work alongside their teams, learn about development practices and conduct some research. LIFT funding provides an incentive for the partners to consider potential internship and student placement opportunities within their project and to take the lead in the process.
The purpose of the internships is to:
- Generate knowledge embedded in the projects and contribute to knowledge processes within LIFT programmes;
- Offer opportunities for Myanmar student exposure to real-life professional level experiences;
- Develop relationships with universities in Myanmar and abroad, and support relationships between Myanmar and foreign universities through students working in team;
- Influence curricula in Myanmar to include experiences and issues relevant to rural contexts;
- Increase LIFT visibility within and outside Myanmar and increase the dissemination of LIFT knowledge products.
Objectives of the Call for Proposals
LIFT objective is to:
- Fund 6-10 internships or student placements in 2018. Tentative targets could be 3-5 internships with foreign Master Students or new Master graduates, 3-5 internships with Myanmar Bachelor, Master or PhDStudents, including one or two team with a foreign and a Myanmar student working together;
- Generate quality reports about project experiences and practices that can feed project learning and the LIFT knowledge platform
- The maximum budget allocation for one student is set at USD 20,000 per intern. All grants will be disbursed in 2018.
- Open to qualified organisations that are currently operating under a grant agreement with LIFT to propose internship and student placement opportunities within their LIFT-funded project in Myanmar and in 2018.
Interested organisations must send a proposal to LIFT describing the internship / student placement purpose and modalities. The proposal should follow the following requirements:
- The proposal must not exceed 5 pages (12 point Times New Roman Font and a minimum of 1 inch margins all around). Pages should be numbered;
- The proposal should include information as required in the annex 1 section on the official call;
- Proposals must be prepared in English language or in Myanmar language;
- Proposals must be received by email at the following address: ([email protected]) on or before 12.00 (noon) Yangon time (GMT+6:30) on December 6, 2017. Earlier submissions are encouraged;
- The size of individual e-mails, including e-mail text and attachments, must not exceed 1 MB.
For more information, visit LIFT Internship and Student Placement Fund.