Call for Applications: Internet Freedom Forum Fellowship 2018 (Sponsorship Available)
Deadline: November 30, 2017
Paradigm Initiative is calling for applications for the Internet Freedom Forum Fellowship 2018. The Internet Freedom Forum (IFF) is an annual event hosted by Paradigm Initiative, a social enterprise that builds an ICT-enabled support system and advocates digital rights in order to improve livelihoods for under-served youth across Africa. IFF has become a reference point in Africa for conversations around Internet Freedom and convenes the best minds in civil society, academia, government and industry from across Africa. Delegates from over thirty African countries attended IFF 2017. IFF 2018 will be the sixth edition of the Forum. IFF 2018 will hold in Abuja, Nigeria from April 24 – 26 2018.
As part of the fellowship, fellows will be required to accomplish the following tasks:
- Give Country Updates on Internet Freedom in their respective countries at IFF 2018.
- Help with content translation for IFF 2018.
- Work with our Research team to produce Paradigm Initiative’s annual “Digital Rights in Africa Report 2018”.
- Monitor and report on Internet Freedom issues in their respective countries for the Fellowship period (One year).
- Fellows will receive sponsorship to attend IFF 2018. Sponsorship will include travel support, accommodation and meals.
- IFF 2018 Fellows must have an interest in Internet policy;
- They must be able to demonstrate knowledge of Internet freedom issues in their countries.
- To apply, kindly send a copy of your CV and a 2-page report on the situation on Internet Freedom in your country of residence to [email protected] before November 30, 2017 by 12:00 PM (WAT).
- Only applications received by this deadline will be considered and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information, visit Internet Freedom Forum.