SheStarts 2 Accelerator Program for Australian Entrepreneurs 2017
Deadline: November 6, 2017
Have a big startup idea? Applications are open for SheStarts2. Get access to a world class accelerator program and kick-start your idea today! SheStarts is an accelerator program like no other. It is Australia’s only venture-backed startup program designed to help female entrepreneurs build big tech businesses.
Guided by world-class startup advisors and mentors, the program provides unprecedented access to a huge community of tech leaders, experienced entrepreneurs, corporate champions, investors and advisors. The SheStarts Network is here to help you grow!
SheStarts is one of BlueChilli’s flagship accelerator programs designed to help women build tech startups. Our mission is to ensure women are included in tomorrow’s economy, ensuring their incredible ideas, talent and skills are activated, elevated and inspired to get started.
Turbocharging female entrepreneurs to build big tech ideas, with the help of:
- Investment to kickstart your entrepreneurial journey
- An in-house dedicated tech team to help build an amazing product from idea to launch
- First class training in startup methodologies to grow your business for success
- Access to the who’s who of global startup advisors and partnerships with some of Australia’s leading brands
Finalists will participate in a startup validation bootcamp held on various days (see below) during the period from 21 November – 7 December 2017 run by BlueChilli and mentors and advisors in the program (Bootcamp).
The prize for Finalists (up to 20 available) consists of the following:
- Placement in the SheStarts two-week validation Bootcamp where entrants are guided through the process of validating their idea and preparing for the pitching days. This Bootcamp includes access to expert Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and knowledgeable mentors from the BlueChilli startup community.
- Promotion and exposure via the SheStarts webpage, social media and other channels as facilitated by BlueChilli.
- The opportunity to pitch the post-Bootcamp idea to BlueChilli during the pitching day on 6th or 7th December 2017. The pitching day will determine up to 10 Winners, who will be announced on 7 December 2017.
BlueChilli will provide a travel stipend of $500 to Finalists who are required to travel to the pitching and showcase from outside the greater Sydney Area.
In exchange for 15% equity, the prize for the Winners (up to 10 available) consists of the following:
- $AUD25,000 investment to be spent, at your discretion, on activities required to build your business
- Full placement in BlueChilli’s six-month accelerator program, a structured program designed to give your idea the best chance of commercial business success and to accelerate you into a good position for future investors. The program is delivered weekly by our expert in-house team of EIRs and community mentors in the form of cohort workshops, learning sessions, industry engagements, pitch practices and 1:1 advisory sessions with an EIR.
- Twelve weeks of product development time by the BlueChilli product team at no cost to the fouder(s).
- Strategic support, insights and advice from the SheStarts program partners and collaborators with the intention to secure pilot opportunities
- Software credits and services including Microsoft Azure, AWS and Hubspot, as well as accounting, financial and legal services and products provided through our partners at myob, ANZ and HSF
- Promotion and exposure via the SheStarts documentary web series, social media and other channels as facilitated by BlueChilli and SheStarts program sponsors
- A return economy flight from Sydney to San Francisco to take part in the SheStarts Silicon Valley Immersion program. Flights will be booked by BlueChilli and details of the flights will be at BlueChilli’s discretion in consultation with the finalists.
- Co-working space in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane throughout the six month accelerator program
- Applications are only open to female-led startups from everywhere in Australia. This does not preclude startups where female founders also work with and have male co-founders or team members – they firmly believe in the diversity of teams in producing brilliant work. The key here is that a woman is the CEO/ MD/ leader of the startup.
- Entry is open to persons who are 18 years or older.
- There is no limit on the number of entries a person may submit and entrants are permitted to submit an entry that has previously been submitted to BlueChilli.
To be eligible to win the Prize for the Winners, Entrants must:
- Incorporate their business as a registered limited liability company in Australia;
- Complete legal documentation, including Shareholders Agreement, Service Agreement, Company Constitution (based on a default template), and Fund Option Deed, which will all be provided to Finalists at commencement of the Bootcamp.
- Allocate 15% of the equity on a fully diluted basis in the incorporated company to BlueChilli and its associated entities as nominated by BlueChilli.
The 20 best entries that meets the brief, that complies with these terms and conditions and that score highest in terms of:
- Problem-solution fit
- Market opportunity (including defensibility, scalability, innovation and competitive advantage)
- Feasibility and viability of the technology required
- Social and community impact
- To enter the SheStarts competition, simply apply here. This will take you to BlueChilli’s application platform.
- Register an account and select “SheStarts” as the competition you are applying for. There is a written application of 15 questions about you and your idea to complete. All ideas are treated as confidential and you are the owner of your own IP.
For more information, visit SheStarts 2 Accelerator Program.